Save the date, all you truck cruising enthusiasts! The 10th Annual Volga City Truck Cruise is coming your way Saturday, August 25, 2018, at Volga City Park in Volga City, Iowa. Gates will open at 6:30 A.M.
This is the year to be part of a Guinness World Record. Volga City is aiming for 2,018 trucks to cruise right into the history books. The current record is held by Germany.
There's a fun-filled day of activities planned.
- Start your day off with a delicious breakfast at 7:00 A.M.
- Truck friendly competitions start at 8:00 A.M. (Includes a Show-N-Shine Competition, Figure 8’s, and a Donut Competition, Figure 8 Pad Freestyle, a Royal Rumble Competition, Burn-outs, and Tug-A-Truck competition as well as a Tug-A-Truck Grudge Match.) The top three finishers of each event will be awarded a cash prize.
- If the truck activities don’t get you all hyped up, what about Chiron’s Fitness Challenge? This includes Couples Truck Push-N-Pull Competition and an Arm Wrestling Competition.
- The kids can enjoy games in the city park including the Kiddie Pedal Pull. (The Kiddie Pedal Pull is an Iowa State Pedal Pull sanctioned event.)
- The Truck Cruise will take you through spectacular views of Northeast Iowa on the Northeast Iowa Scenic Byway.
Relax and listen to the live music and enjoy delicious food. During the day, non-profit vendors will be offering tasty treats like cotton candy and popcorn, along with cool refreshing drinks. Some of these vendors will have displays for you to enjoy. A lunch buffet is open from 10:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. For those 21 and over, a bar is provided all day long. Live music acts are to be announced.
Proceeds go to help restore the Volga City Opera House.
Contact: Tom at (563) 880-3673 or online.
By Gianna Manternach
Image credit: Darla Kelchen CCDG