April showers bring May flowers - and tons of fun in Iowa! Check out the top 5 Iowa events for the month of April.
1. Dueling Dogs World Championship, Dubuque (April 6-8)
Canine aquatics meets drag-racing! Two dogs race down a platform into a body of water to retrieve an object. Fastest time wins.
2. 2nd Annual Coffee & Donut Festival, Clive (April 7)
A celebration of fried, sugary dough perfections and smoothly roasted brews. Activities include the crowning of the Donut Queen, a donut eating contest, and donut hole mini golf.
3. Freestyle World Cup, Iowa City (April 7-8)
Iowa City hosts wrestling teams from the United States, Cuba, Japan, Georgia, Russia, Iran, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan as they compete for World Cup honors.
4. Earth Day Planters and Pollinators, Council Bluffs (April 14)
Participants learn about a variety of heirloom plants from the 1800s, take home a pot of plants, and construct and decorate a butterfly house to attract pollinators to their own yards or gardens.
5. Kalona Annual Quilt Show & Sale, Kalona (April 26-28)
Modern and antique quilts attract collectors from across the Midwest to the Quilt Capitol of Iowa.
Can't make it to any of these? No problem! See our complete list of Iowa events here!
Photo credit: Kites Over Hoover Park, West Branch