Take a step back in time and experience the 1880’s Wild West Show, “The Hole in the Sock Gang.” Travel the River Bluff Scenic Byway to see a live Street Theater performance. “The Hole in the Sock Gang” show is every fourth Saturday from May –October in McGregor, Iowa. Shows start at 1:00 P.M. at McGregor’s Landing.
Experience the old Wild West days come back alive. The gang portrays some real and/or fictional roles. The shows include fights, train/bank robberies, wedding, horse stealing, and mischievous folks. The cast of 15 brings a show that is wild, crazy, and hilarious. Expect rough outlaws, saloon girls, tough cowboys, well-dressed women, and gun slinging ladies. Meet:
· Big Joe “the Boss” Abernathy the founding member of the gang. No one messes with The Boss.
· Clara Jeppeson is a quiet lady but keep a close eye on her. She can be crafty when you’re not looking.
· Cactus Jack is one tough cowboy that is a quick-witted and a fast draw.
· Wild Jim has many titles: Lawman, Bounty Hunter, and once in a while-- Outlaw. He is quick draw with an aim that's dead on.
· Snakebite is one mean cowboy.
· Concho is the fastest gun alive.
· Bear Tooth Billy is the buffalo hide hunter.
· Widow Anna came from Colorado. She was married happily for years to a banker. Then her husband was shot right before the election for town Sherriff.
· Mini Cricket is a young lady. Don’t make her mad!
· Texas Jonny Ringo tries to walk the straight and narrow but seems to end up on the wrong side of the law. Make sure you stay on his good side. He has a deadly aim.
· Little Joe is believed to be a little mad, with an itchy trigger finger.
· Pickles has many aliases. She may look gentle, but is deadly.
· Backwater Bart is mean with a mean aim.
· Jersey Lily may be a lady/saloon girl, but be careful when she lays on the charm.
By Gianna Manternach
Image credit: Darla Kelchen CCDG