The snow is melting and springtime is near! Before you know it, trees will be budding and blossoming, tulips will be popping up, and robins and blue-jays will be returning to tweet their sweet spring music. In other words, it's time to get your hands dirty and bring new plant life to your home & garden!
New this year in Northeast Iowa is a Greenhouse Tour, complete with seven stops in Clayton County to fulfill all your springtime gardening needs.
On April 26th, 27th, and 28th the local greenhouses will be open from 10 am to 4 pm. Go explore at your own pace to find fresh flowers and plants to brighten up your home and garden.
The seven stops in Clayton County are:
1. Bontrager’s Greenhouse by Edgewood - Harvey Bontrager/Amish: offering vegetable plants, hanging baskets, and flowers. Friday & Saturday only.
2. Elkader Greenhouse in Elkader - Pam Stahr: offering nursery stock, bedding plants, and perennials. Friday, Saturday, & Sunday.
3. Highway 52 Flowers by Guttenberg - Doris Mueller: offering annuals, perennials, vegetable plants, herbs, and hanging baskets. Friday, Saturday, & Sunday.
4. Horseshoe Ridge Greenhouse by Edgewood - Andy Bontrager/Amish: offering vegetable plants, hanging baskets, and flowers. Friday & Saturday only.
5. Natures Haven Farms by Garnavillo - Vic and Kay Viffian: offering garden plants, flowers, and perennials. Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
6. Outdoor Creations Garden Center in Monona - Jeremy and Megan Schellhorn: offering vegetable plants, perennials, hanging baskets, and flowers. Friday & Saturday only.
7. Pauly’s Red Greenhouse by Farmersburg - Paul Schlake and Julie Peterson: offering vegetable plants, perennials, hanging baskets, and flowers. Friday, Saturday & Sunda.
Come to find all your home and garden needs this spring!
Image credit: Darla Kelchen CCDG