October proves there is tons of fun to be had in Iowa! Check out the top 5 events for the month.
1. Back Roads Junk-It Trail, Marshalltown (October 6-8)
Three days of antique, vintage, rustic, primitive and farm fresh goodness found in more than 25 spots in 14 communities.
2. Harvest Spoon Tour, Honey Creek (October 7)
Hodge Greenhouse & Market, Loess Hills Lavender Farm, Doe's & Diva's Dairy, Wild Rose Farm and Van Sickle Bees celebrate the food and culture of the Loess Hills with unique experiences throughout the day.
3. Scenic Drive Festival, Villages of Van Buren (October 14-15)
Features arts and crafts vendors, antique dealers, art shows, live music, kids' entertainment, a parade and more throughout the Villages.
4. Madison County Covered Bridge Festival, Winterset (October 14-15)
Activities include live music, covered bridge tours, a car show, craft vendors and demonstrators, a parade and Civil War reenactments. Singer Sarah Zahn (who played young Caroline in the Bridges of Madison County movie) will discuss the making of the movie.
5. Riverboat Twilight Sightseeing Cruises, Le Claire (October 21)
The 90-minute cruise covers the history, wildlife and sights of the Mississippi River.
Can't make it to any of these? No problem! See our complete list of Iowa events here!