Travel Iowa is incredibly proud of Clarksville, Iowa, native Maddie Poppe! Poppe is a top three finalist on the television singing competition American Idol.
On Tuesday, May 15, at 5 p.m. Clarksville will host a hometown parade in their downtown welcoming Maddie home before the final filming of the competition. The parade is open to the public. Following the parade, Maddie will be performing at the Butler County Fairgrounds Grandstand, which is also open to the public.
If you are traveling across Iowa to Clarksville, located in Butler County in north central Iowa, we've got a list of fantastic local attractions for you to check out:
- Butler County State Bank Antiques: This 5,000-square-foot antique shop is housed within a historic bank and Masonic Hall from 1882, making this stop both great for shopping and admiring the historical architecture.
- Anna Lee’s: Anna Lee’s offers antiques, repurposed materials, and primitives in a downtown storefront. Here you will find truly unique pieces.
- Heery Woods Park: Heery Woods Park has a nature center, a playground for the kids and connects to the Rolling Prairie Bike Trail.
- Rolling Prairie Bike Trail: The Rolling Prairie Bike Trail is a 12-mile paved nature path that runs from Allison through Clarksville including Heery Woods Park and on to Shell Rock.
- Peppercorn Pantry: If you have been visiting Travel Iowa's 99 Restaurants for all of Iowa’s 99 counties, be sure to stop at the Peppercorn Pantry in Aplington for lunch or afternoon tea.
Enjoy your visit to Clarksville and join us in wishing Maddie the best of luck!
Image credit: American Idol - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiJ6n9UZX34