The chefs of Iowa City area restaurants show off their craft all year long, but Valentine’s Day is an opportunity to offer something special for an occasion that celebrates the simplicity of enjoying a loved one’s company. Seared steak with bourbon onions, roasted duck breast, homemade stuffed ravioli, smoked salmon, you name it. These restaurants bring their best to provide an experience that ventures beyond satisfying the appetite. Incorporate any of these restaurants into your V-day, and you'll enjoy some finely tuned culinary craft. Guests can take their time appreciating wine pairings and savoring that last bite of rich chocolate cake. See who in the area is offering special menus and inquire for more details at the individual restaurants.
Need a few other ideas for a memorable Valentine’s Weekend? We have you covered:
- February 11 – a partner yoga session with Everybody Bend Yoga at Cedar Ridge Winery & Distillery, followed by a private dessert wine tasting and chocolate pairings
- February 12-13 – The Englert Theatre’s The Second City, a romantic improvisational comedy
- February 12-14 – Ten Minute Play Festival, performed by the University of Iowa’s Department of Theatre Arts
Of course, you can’t leave town without your sweet treat of choice from one of the area’s favorite sweet spots:
- A box of assorted chocolates from Winan’s Chocolates & Coffees
- A classic Red Velvet cupcake baked at Molly’s Cupcakes
- Pistachio gelato dished up at Bread Garden Market
- A Double Chocolate Doughlicious cupcake, one of Scratch Cupcakery’s February specials
You and your travel partner will be quite impressed by these sweet offerings. So much, that we’re convinced you’ll return again and again.