If you haven't been to this beautiful state park resort, now is the time and here are seven reasons why:
1. Winter Holiday Staycation – December 24 – December 31 Begin a new holiday tradition at Honey Creek Resort. Visit on Christmas Eve to make edible tree ornaments for wildlife and take a silent night hike to decorate a tree. Relax on Christmas Day while the chef at Lakeshore Grille prepares your holiday feast. Visit over winter break with your family December 26-31 and take part in the daily free activities including hikes, games and crafts.
2. Holiday Magic Show – December 28 An annual tradition at Honey Creek – this exiting magic show is for the whole family. Choose from two showings: a matinee from 4 to 5:30 p.m. and the evening show from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Tickets are just $5 per person; ages 2 and under are free. For magic show tickets and resort reservations, please call Ashley at (641) 724-1433.
3. New Year’s Eve Festivities – December 30 – January 1 Bring your family to ring in the New Year! Book a two-night stay in a lodge guest room and Buccaneer Bay Indoor Water Park party. The water park party includes pizza, soda, cake and ice cream from 5 to 8 p.m. on New Year’s Eve. We also will be hosting a New Year’s Eve dinner from 5 to 10 p.m. with a carving station, shrimp scampi and delicious sides.
4. NEW Menu Items at Lakeshore Grille Enjoy honey-fried walleye, a must-try sensational dish. Two walleye fillets are dipped in a honey-egg mixture, lightly breaded and pan-fried until flaky, then drizzled with honey. Other choices include appetizers like Asiago Garlic Chicken Flatbread and Spinach & Artichoke Dip. Enjoy Lakeshore Grille while taking in picturesque views of the lake with a warm fire burning in the fireplace.
5. Free Saturday Cooking Demonstrations Chef Bob will share some of his favorite recipes and tips every Saturday afternoon from 2 to 3 p.m., December to March 2015. Don’t miss this opportunity to expand your culinary repertoire and dine on his tasty creations.
6. Indoor Water Park Buccaneer Bay Indoor is a pirate-themed water park great for kids of all ages. The park features a two-story slide, lazy river, and zero-depth entry pool with a pirate ship and water basketball. The whole family will enjoy the whirlpool spa, snack bar and video arcade. Passes are included with your resort stay.
7. Murder Mystery Dinner – February 14 Get your heart thumping with an evening filled with suspense. Make your reservations early for “Til Death Do Us Part” (wedding dress optional). Doors open at 6 p.m.; dinner and show begin at 7 p.m. Tickets are $30 per person. For tickets and resort reservations, please call Ashley (641) 724-1433.