Dueling Dogs is a worldwide canine aquatics competition series. DuelingDogs™ LLC, the founders and sports organizers for the latest and most exciting competition in Canine Aquatics Sports, will be holding its 3rd world championships from April 6-8, 2018, at the Five Flags Center in Dubuque, Iowa. The event will have a total prize purse of $30,000, $10,000 of that going to the winner-take-all in the 1st ever handicap duel event Prizing for each Class Finals on Sunday will be $3000 to 1st Place, $1500 for 2nd and $500 for 3rd.
Dueling Dogs is the next big thing in canine aquatics competitions, featuring drag-racing style canine aquatics racing. Dueling Dogs is the organizing of a competition of Canines and their handlers to duel between 2 teams consisting each of, one handler and one dog, racing down a platform into a body of water to retrieve an object and determine which team is the fastest. There will be a total of 8 qualifying duels with 2 on Friday afternoon with a laid-back competitor social in the evening, 5 on Saturday (with the handicap duel event on Saturday evening) and 1 last chance duel on Sunday morning prior to the class finals.
Friday April 6, 2018
- Competitor Check-In – 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Practice – 1:00 – 2:30 pm
- Mandatory Handler’s Meeting – 3:00 pm
- Qualifying Duel # 1 – 3:30 pm
- Qualifying Duel # 2 – 4:30 pm Friday Night Social – 7:00 pm
Saturday April 7, 2018
- Handler’s Meeting – 8:30 am
- Qualifying Duel # 3 – 9:00 am
- Qualifying Duel # 4 – 10:30 am
- Qualifying Duel # 5 – 12:00 pm
- Qualifying Duel # 6 – 1:30 pm
- Qualifying Duel # 7 – 3:00 pm
- Winner Take All Handicap Duel Event – 7:00 pm
Sunday April 8, 2018
- Qualifying Duel # 8 – 9:30 am
- Dueling Dogs Finals – 12:00 pm
Holiday Inn Dubuque, 450 Main St., Dubuque, IA 52001. (563) 556-2000. Rooms starting at $104/night plus tax. There is a one time charge of $40 for pets.