Good Egg Days is the annual city celebration in Stuart. The name comes from the old town motto of “Home of 1700 Good Egg Days... and a Few Stinkers.” The event is held on Father's Day weekend each year (June 16-18, 2017).
This year's theme is "Bringing it Home," referencing the event's return to the downtown area, as well as acknowledging the many alumni that return for the weekend, and the new trend of former residents returning to live in Stuart again.
The event will see a number of changes this year. Here are 10 things to look forward to at this year's Good Egg Days:
1. A NEW DOWNTOWN LOCATION on Saturday means a change of scenery and schedule shifts for some regular activities, such as the Bill Riley Talent Show at the gazebo in the park on FRIDAY. The PARADE will still start near the Community Care Center, but will end downtown! Join in the parade with your own float or bring your own chair to watch it go by!
2. More VENDORS (located downtown on Saturday), including henna tattoos, face painting, crafts, direct-sales, and FOOD!
3. Same great COMMUNITY MEALS sponsored by the WCV Wrestling Club at the Shelter House in the park on Friday night and by the Stuart Lions Club at noon downtown on Saturday, and now a Saturday breakfast at Foxy’s Den.
4. Putting the EGG back in Good Egg Days with the Iowa Egg Council Traveling Egg Display at the Stuart Public Library and an EGG TOSS contest.
5. Expanded YOUTH ‘EGG-TIVITIES’ with more games and activities to enjoy, in additional to the tried-and-true inflatables, kiddie tractor pull, and sand pile treasure hunt.
6. More TEEN FUN with a Friday night Middle School Pool Party at the Stuart Aquatic Center and a Saturday night Teen Dance downtown, both $5.
8. ‘NEW RECRUITS’ for the event: National Guard climbing wall & U.S. Airforce trailer and mini jet.
10. BRAND NEW EVENT: Lawn Mower Races at the Stuart Speedway on Sunday afternoon, $5 grandstand seating and $10 pit passes.
For a complete schedule of events, visit the Stuart website!