Find your best red, white and blue! There are plenty of ways to celebrate Independence Day in Ames and the surrounding communities!
Ames Independence Weekend Events
- Fireworks, Dusk, ISU Lot G7, Jack Trice Stadium
- Independence Day Celebration, all day beginning at 9 a.m. Free admission after 6 p.m. Reiman Gardens, 1407 University Blvd
- The High Society Big Band, 7 p.m. Reiman Gardens, 1407 University Blvd
- Friendship Ark Annual 5! on the 4th! Race/Run , 8 a.m. Ada Hayden Heritage Park, 5205 Grand Ave.
- Ames Mayor and City Council Community Pancake Breakfast, 8:30 a.m. Ames City Hall, 515 Clark Ave.
- Bill Riley Talent Competition, 9 a.m. Downtown Ames
- 4th of July Parade, 11 a.m. Downtown Ames
Area Community Independence Weekend Events
- Eve of Destruction Races, Boone’s Got Talent & Fireworks Boone Speedway, 3 p.m. - 10 p.m. on July 4
- Pancake Breakfast at Fire Station, 6:30 a.m.
- Parade, 10 a.m. & Fireworks, 9 p.m. on July 4
- Festivities July 2 - 4
- Fireworks,10 p.m. on July 3
- Parade, 10 a.m. on July 4