March brings fun, delicious and inspiring events for you and the entire family. Add these six can’t-miss events to your calendar!
1. Beer ’n’ Bread, Des Moines (Saturday, March 4)
Explore the art of home brewing and meet the people behind your favorite Iowa craft beers at this Living History Farms event. Sample micro-brewed beer and fresh artisan bread from 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. or 5:00 to 6:30 p.m.
2. Maple Syrup Tapping 101, Osage (Saturday, March 11)
What better way to break the winter blues than by learning about the liquid gold that flows from maple trees in Osage, the “City of Maples”! Join Naturalist, Chelsea Rowcliffe at 10:00 a.m. for a demonstration on how to harvest sap and turn it into syrup.
3. Spring Break Art Escape, Dubuque (Monday, March 13 through Friday, March 17)
Need something to keep your kids busy over spring break? Children can explore the Dubuque Museum of Art for inspiration and create their own masterpieces in the museum’s studios.
4. “Rain - A Tribute to The Beatles”, Sioux City (Thursday, March 16)
Come together, right now… and see “Rain - A Tribute to The Beatles” at the Sioux City Orpheum Theatre! See the show that audiences across the nation can’t stop talking about.
5. History & Happy Hour: Savor Iowa’s Rich Culinary Heritage, Cedar Rapids (Wednesday, March 22)
Come the to the National Czech & Slovak Museum and Library for happy hour, including kolaches and beer! Stick around for a presentation from Darcy Maulsby, author of “A Culinary History of Iowa,” and hear stories of her journey into learning about Iowa cuisine and its history.
6. Museum Madness: Sound Science and a Journey through Whoville, Waterloo (Saturday, March 25)
Learn the science behind sounds through singing rods, talking cups and spouting bowls. Then explore the whimsical world of Dr. Seuss and make your way through some of his most popular children’s classics. Learn about his work during WWII with the U.S. Army’s animation department.
Looking for more fun in March, or later on this summer? Visit our complete events calendar at traveliowa.com.