Beating the heat, at this point, may be impossible – your best bet is to accept the temps and make the best of a sticky [forgive the pun] situation!
Recently, we stumbled upon the Iowa Department of Natural Resources’ list of Iowa’s top 20 lakes – and what better time to plan a weekend getaway, than a long weekend with record-breaking temps?
Here they are:
20. Swan Lake
19. Black Hawk Lake
18. Lake Geode [pictured below]:
17. Easter Lake
16. Lake Ahquabi [pictured below]:
14. Lake Manwa
12. George Wyth Lake [pictured below]:
11. Storm Lake
10. Lake Rathbun [pictured below]:
9. Spirit Lake
8. Lake Macbride [pictured below]:
6. Red Rock
4. West Lake Okoboji [pictured below]:
3. Clear Lake
2. Coralville Lake [pictured below]:
AND the MOST popular lake in Iowa is… [drum roll please!]
1. Saylorville Lake [pictured below]:
So pack the cooler, grab the family and hit the road to enjoy one of Iowa’s top 20 lakes this holiday weekend.