“Happiness is” the 2013 Iowa State Fair! Experience all the deals the Fair has to offer including pre-Fair and Fairtime discounts. The 2013 Fair is August 8-18.
Before you can enjoy the fun the Fair has to offer, you need to get on the grounds – at a discount, of course. Save nearly 30% on regular gate admission by purchasing advanced admission tickets available for $8 for adults and $4 for children ages 6-11. Children ages 5 and under are always admitted free. Purchase tickets on the Fair’s website and print them at home without fees. Tickets purchased online before July 27 can also be mailed to you (a 5 percent processing fee applies). Beginning July 8, you can buy your tickets at Hy-Vee and Hy-Vee Drugstores, Fareway Stores, Dahl’s Food Stores and the State Fair Ticket Office.
Instead of individual tickets, buy a convenient Punch Card with 11 days of adult Fair admission for just $88. Each punch is good for one admission to the Fair. The cards are transferable and may be used by individuals or families.
Fair Play Packs are value-packed kits good any Fair day and are perfect for employee incentives or Fair-loving families! Three different packages provide visitors of all ages with plenty of food, fun and entertainment. Choose from one of three age groups:
- Ages 5 and under, $15 (up to a $24 value): Includes one Giant Slide or Ye Old Mill ride; one Sky Glider ride; one Snakes Alive or Train Exhibit admission; one Midway ride; one pony or camel ride and five $1 food and beverage tickets. Children ages 5 and under are admitted free every Fair day.
- Ages 6-11, $20 (up to a $36 value): Includes one child gate admission; one Giant Slide or Ye Old Mill ride; one Sky Glider ride; one Snakes Alive or Train Exhibit admission; one State Fair Zipline or Scare Zone Ticket; one Midway ride; one pony or camel ride and five $1 food and beverage tickets.
- Ages 12 and older, $20 (up to a $32 value): Includes one adult gate admission; one Giant Slide or Ye Old Mill ride; one Sky Glider ride; one Snakes Alive or Train Exhibit admission; one State Fair Zipline or Scare Zone ticket and five $1 food and beverage tickets.
Save on the Midway with a Midway Pack, a set of five Midway ride tickets for only $14. Each ticket is good for one ride. Or purchase a Midway Mega Pass good for unlimited rides any one Fair day. Weekday Mega Passes are just $25 and are good for unlimited mechanical rides any one weekday from open to close. Any Day Mega Passes are $30, good for unlimited mechanical rides from open to close any one Fair day (including weekends). Available now on the Fair’s website.
Buy two Zipline tickets for $10 and save $4. Riders must weigh between 50 and 250 lbs. Available at the State Fair Ticket Office, beginning July 8, or online at iowastatefair.org (a five percent processing fee applies).
Order by August 7 to get these discounts. Available while supplies last. Learn more about purchasing these deals on the Fair’s website.
Missed out on our pre-Fair discounts? Not a problem! Take advantage of these opportunities to save during the Fair.
Save on gate admission!
- Discounted Admission: Available at the gate Monday-Thursday evenings from 5 to 10 p.m. and until 9 p.m. on Extreme Sunday, August 18: $5 off adult admission, $2 off child admission (ages 6-11); not good with any other discount.
- NEW THIS YEAR: Veterans’ Day (Monday, August 12): Available at the Gate from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. $8 adult admission for active and retired members of the United States military and their spouses. Please bring your military ID.
- Food Drive Discounted Admission: Available at the gate on Tuesday, August 13, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.: $3 regular gate admission with a donation of two or more canned food items.
- Older Iowans’ Day (Wednesday, August 14): Available at the Gate from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. $8 adult admission for Fairgoers ages 60 and older.
Save on the Midway! Midway Wrisbands can be purchased each weekday during the Fair for $25 good for unlimited rides from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. available at Midway ticket booths only.
For more information on the Fair and ticket discounts visit iowastatefair.org or call 800.545.FAIR.
Sarah Sager, Iowa State Fair